St Mary the Virgin, South Caulfield
Our firm's restoration and relocation of the c1886 Alfred Crook organ in the Anglican-Catholic Church of St Mary the Virgin in Caulfield South is now complete. Originally built around 1886 by Crook for his residence in Brunswick, the instrument was later installed in his residence at Lockwood. In 1893, the organ was relocated to the Congregational Church in Forest Street, Bendigo and in 1938, to Olinda Street Congregational Church, also in Bendigo. In 1971, the instrument was renovated & installed St Peter's Anglican Church, Eaglehawk by a team that included R.A. Anderson. Wakeley Organs has now completed our extensive restoration of the organ to its original configuration of 2 manuals, 10 speaking stops, 3 couplers and tracker action. Gilding of the façade pipes and wood graining of the case and wooden pipes on display, were undertaken by Mark Nobel. Both the acoustic and aesthetic aspects of the instrument have now been united, resulting in a very successful and sensitive historic restoration.