1906 Frederick Taylor organ to gain new stops

St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Chelsea

Work continues on the refurbishment of the 1906 Frederick Taylor organ for St Joseph’s, Chelsea. Several new stops are being added and a new solid state control system is being installed. Originally built in 1906 for Kew Presbyterian Church, it was rebuilt in 1960 by Hill, Norman & Beard and relocated to Brunswick Uniting Church in 1996.

Photo of the 1906 Frederick Taylor organ in the Wakeley Organ Factory during its refurbishment

The 1906 Frederick Taylor organ in the Wakeley Organ Factory during its refurbishment

Share:
2011, News, News Archive.