1906 Frederick Taylor Organ to be Relocated from Brunswick to Chelsea

Photo of organ for St Joseph's Chelsea

St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Chelsea

As mentioned in our March update, we have been awarded the contract to relocate the organ currently in Brunswick Uniting Church to St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Chelsea. The instrument will be refurbished prior to installation and include the installation of several new stops and a new solid state control system. Originally built in 1906 by Frederick Taylor (for Kew Presbyterian Church), it was rebuilt in 1960 by Hill, Norman & Beard and relocated to Brunswick in 1996. Completion is scheduled for late 2010

Proposed Specifications

Share:
2010, News, News Archive.